An introduction to the theory and practice of second language research for graduate/Master's students in TESOL and Applied Linguistics, and others
- Familiarizes you with the basic types of research design used in second language studies
- Gives you a genuine 'feel' for what doing research is like, by giving you specific roles (e.g. research subject, data collector, data analyst, reporter) within a variety of mini-studies
- Explains different research types in detail: why they are used; how they are designed; what the different stages are for carrying them out; and how to evaluate them.
- Introduces you to some of the classic research studies into second language learning and encourages you to analyse and discuss them.
- Downloadable version of statistical tables and photocopiable worksheets on the Oxford Teachers' Club website