Doordarshan is the public television broadcaster of India and a division of Prasar Bharati, which is a Government of India enterprise. Download chrome for mac 10.6.8. Still in this world of huge competition among differnet TV, Doordarshan is one of the largest broadcasting organizations in the world in terms of the infrastructure of studios and transmitters. In India, Doordarshan is the number one TV channel. Now a days it is not so popular in urban areas but its old serials are still some of hot search items on internet. Everyday I got mails from my readers that how to watch blah blah blah old doordarshan serial online.
A quick recap of old Doordarshan Serials (via Wikipedia)
The 80s was the era of Doordarshan when it became integral part of living room of middle class in India with popular shows like Hum Log (1984), Buniyaad (1986-87) and comedy shows like Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi (1984). The first ever daily soap Hum Log, Buniyaad and Nukkad and mythological dramas like Ramayan (1987-88) and Mahabharat (1989-90), Shaktimaan, India’s First Superhero, attracted millions of Indians to Doordarshan. There were some historical serials like Bharat Ek Khoj, The Sword of Tipu Sultan and The Great Maratha, which also appealed a large section of viewers.
Some of the popular Doordarshan shows, serials and programs were ::
- Hindi film songs based programs like Chitrahaar, Rangoli, Ek Se Badkar Ek and Superhit Muqabla.
- Crime thrillers — Jasoos Karamchand (starring Pankaj Kapoor), Super six, Barrister Roy (starring Kanwaljeet), Byomkesh Bakshi (starring Rajit Kapoor), Reporter (Shekhar Suman’s first apperance on TV), Tehkikaat and Suraag (starring Sudesh Berry).
- Shows targeted at children include Fairy tale Theatre, Dada Dadi ki Kahaniyan, Vikram Betaal, Sigma, Stone Boy, Malgudi Days, Tenali Rama, Potli Baba Ki, Superhuman Samurai Cyber Squad, Knight Rider, Street Hawk and a horror serial Kile ka Rahasya (1989).
- Other popular shows include Oshin a Japanese drama series, Trishna, Mr. Yogi, Neem Ka Ped, Circus, Fauji (launching Shahrukh Khan),Rani Laxhmibai,Dastan-E-Hatim Tai, Alif Laila, Gul Gulshan Gulfam, Udaan, Rajani, Talaash, Phir Wohi Talash, Katha Saagar, Nupur, Mirza Ghalib, Wagle ki Duniya, Phulvanti, Sangharsh, Lifeline, Kashish (launching Malvika Tiwari), Srimaan Srimati, Tu tu mein mein, Junoon, Ajnabi (starring Danny Denzongpa), Zabaan Sambhal Ke, Dekh Bhai Dekh, Sansaar, Swabhimaan, Chanakya, Shanti (launching Mandira Bedi), Sea Hawks (starring R. Madhavan), Surabhi, Tana Bana, Mujrim Hazir (launching Navni Parihar), Jaspal Bhatti’s Flop Show, Alif Laila, Meri Awaaz Suno, Captain Vyom, and Chandrakanta.
- Doordarshan also telecast English cartoons at 12.00 noon during summer vacations in a programme named “Fun Time” which showed cartoons like Spider-Man, Giant Robot (Johnny Soko and his flying robot), Gayab Aaya, Guchhae, He-Man, The Jungle Book, Talespin & Duck Tales also the comic plays of Charlie Chaplin, Laurel & Hardy and Didi’s Comedy Show.
You can see the complete list of Doordarshan serials here.
Now a big question comes, how to buy or watch these old TV shows and serials online?
Some of serials are available on YouTube like Mahabharat, Shriman Shrimati, Byomkesh Bakshi, Yeh Jo hai Zindagi, Vikram Betaal, Flop Show, Dekh Bhai Dekh, Fauji, Talaash, thanks to rajshri channel and several other anonymous users.
These are some of the Doordarshan TV shows and serials which are available on YouTube.
But I will strongly recommend you to buy the original CDs and DVDs of these serials from http://flipkart.com
Doordarshan TV Serials on YouTube (better buy these serials from Flipkart for better print and quality)
## Please do not ask for free downloads or torrents. It is always good to buy these serials legally from Flipkart of Infibeam.
Thanks for visiting abhisays.com
Popular Yesteryear TV Shows
Do you remember the old Doordarshan (DD) shows that you watched so affectionately? Those days were special and will not be forgotten.
The magic that they had can't be replaced. But we have a savior - the internet. We can experience many of the classics as they are uploaded online. Some even have their home video DVDs.
Serials like Alif Laila, Malgudi Days, Shrimaan Shrimati are especially close to my heart. Many others like Surabhi, Bharat Ek Khoj, Mahabharat were highly informative. And several others were extraordinarily entertaining.
So, let's have a recap of the best serials of the 80s' and 90s'. Nostalgia is the order of the day!
1 Alif Laila (1997 - 2002)
- Lead: Shahnawaz Pradhan, Seema Kanwal
- Episodes: 260
- Directed by: Anand Sagar, Prem Sagar, Moti Sagar
- Description: The hit series where Shah Nawaz played the lead character excellently.
- Why do I remember this: The storyline of this was magical. There was always a feeling of wanting more when an episode ended. Of course, the opening song was marvelous.
- Lead: Alok Nath
- Episodes: 105
- Directed by: Ramesh Sippy and Jyoti Sarup
- Description: Buniyaad went on to become a hugely popular serial which showcased the life of a common man after India's partition and its aftereffects. Alok Nath was selected for the prime role of a freedom fighter. Some other known faces are Dilip Tahil, Goga Kapoor, and Soni Razdan.
- Why do I remember this: I saw this when Buniyaad was re-aired after its initial successful run. And I'm glad I saw it. Master Haveliram's simpleton life entangled with tragedy connected viewers in many ways.
3 Byomkesh Bakshi (1993)
- Lead: Rajit Kapur, KK Raina, Sukanya Kumar
- Episodes: 34
- Directed by: Basu Chatterjee
- Description: The crime detection series based on the novel written by Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay. The show still has a cult following in which Rajit Kapur played the lead role. Well crafted episodes with attention to every detail make this one a treat to watch.
- Why do I remember this:I've always liked suspense thrillers. I don't remember any other crime detection serial which is liked by one and all. More recently, CID tried doing the same for which it was successful only for the initial years. Of late, it is turning into more of a comedy.
4 Bharat Ek Khoj (1988)
- Lead: Om Puri, Roshan Seth, Tom Alter and many others.
- Episodes: 53
- Directed by: Shyam Benegal
- Description: Shyam Benegal's direction brought forward to us the history of India. The series has altogether 53 episodes showcasing the story of caste formation, Ramayan, Emperor Ashoka, Kalidas, Akbar - The Great, and many more. The vivid and simplistic approach to showcase India's history is impressive.
- Why do I remember this:This is the best history lesson you or your child can get. Even to the point, our school teachers used to advise us to watch this for a better understanding of India's history.
Did You Know?
This was based on a book named Discovery of India written by Jawaharlal Nehru - the first Prime Minister of India
5 Chandrakanta (1994 - 1996)
- Lead: Shahbaaz Khan, Shikha Swaroop
- Episodes: 130
- Directed by: Nirja Guleri
- Description: This was based on the novel written by the same name. Though, this ran into controversy as the book writer's grandson accused them of misrepresenting concepts. Only after the Supreme Court's order, the show was reinstated.
- Why do I remember this:Because of the title song is sung by Sonu Nigam. Of course, we were small to know that it has been sung by Sonu Nigam. But the title song was really great which goes like this...so sing along..
Chandrakanta Ki Kahani,
Yeh Mana Hai Purani,
Yeh Purani Hokar Bhi,
Badi Lagti Hai Suhani,
Lohgad Vijaygad Mein Thi Takraar,
Lohgad Ka Tha Jo Rajkumar,
Chandrakanta Se Karta Tha Pyar (2).
Listen It Now
6 Circus (1989)
- Lead: SRK, Renuka Shahane, Sameer Khakhar
- Episodes: 19
- Directed by: Aziz Mirza & Kundan Shah
- Description: Enter Shahrukh Khan. Shahrukh played the lead role of Raghavan, a Malayalee circus artist. Other actors who went on to make a name for themselves after this are Renuka Sahane (love-interest of Shahrukh), and Ashutosh Gowarikar (SRK's friend?).
- Why do I remember this: It was later in the years, that SRK had become King Khan of Bollywood. Many discussions on SRK started or ended praising his humble roots and how he is a self-made man who started with serials like circus etc.
Watch An Episode of Circus
7 Chanakya: An Epic Saga (1991 - 1992)
- Lead: Chandraprakash Dwivedi
- Episodes: 47
- Directed by: Chandraprakash Dwivedi
- Description: This series is based on the eminent thinker, teacher, philosopher of the 4th century. Apart from that Chanakya was one of the earliest political thinkers and served as the chief adviser of emperor Chandragupta Maurya. This epic serial has had the honor of getting many international awards. A total of 47 episodes was aired in 1991 on a weekly basis.
- Why do I remember this:The master strategist that Chanakya was and his teachings can be used even in the 21st century. Therefore, after long completing its run and re-run, you could see many people with the book Chanakya Neeti.
8 Dekh Bhai Dekh (1993 - 1994)
- Lead: Shekhar Suman, Farida Jalal, Navin Nischol etc.
- Episodes: 66
- Directed by: Anand Mahendroo
- Description:The complete family drama-comedy show which will definitely bring a gushing smile on your face - and that's guaranteed. Diwan family was indeed deewani.
- Why do I remember this: Is Rang Badalti Duniya Mein..Kya Tera Hai Kya Mera..Dekh Bhai Dekh. I remember the character of Shekhar Suman where he used to recite his dialogue non-stop, the character of Gareema played by Deven Bhojani, and will you ever forget the short man Lilliput? And do you remember the credits at the start showing Jaya Bachchan's name zooming in the front?
Dekh Bhai Dekh - Episode 1
9 DuckTales (1990)
- Lead: To me, every character is the lead.
- Episodes: 100
- Directed by: Jymn Magon
- Description: The popular cartoon series was imported from the USA and did very well in India and many other countries.
- Why do I remember this: It feels so amazing to watch this again. If I remember properly, it was shown in the evening between 6.30 to 7.00. Running from school just to watch Uncle Scrooge in his quest for accumulating more wealth was amazing. The adventures of Uncle Scrooge, his amazingly intelligent nephews - Huey, Dewey, and Louie, with Launchpad are being remembered with great admiration and fondness.
10 Flop Show (1991)
- Lead: Jaspal Bhatti, Vivek Shouk
- Episodes: 10
- Directed by: Jaspal Bhatti
- Description: The only 'misdirected' show in Indian history. The series only had 10 episodes which seamlessly made fun around the life of the middle-class Indian.
- Why do I remember this: The reason for me, like you, is Jaspal Bhatti. Without a doubt, this is Jaspal Bhatti's most remembered show.
- Lead: SRK, Vikram Kapoor, Amina Shervani
- Episodes: 13
- Directed by: R.K. Kapoor
- Description: Shahrukh Khan shot to fame after this serial happened. Still being remembered by many people for the role of Abhimanyu Rai. Great emotions, acting, writing, and direction.
- Why do I remember this: Another one of SRK which is often mentioned in his interviews of the early 2000s. I am no critic of SRK, but it is hard for me to understand why he doesn't do films such as this.
12 Hum Log (1984)
- Lead: Vinod Nagpal, Jayshree Arora, Seema Bhargav
- Episodes: 154
- Directed by: P. Kumar Vasudev
- Description: When this started it became a huge hit and also went on to run for a long time. A total of 156 episodes were shown which was pretty historic even by international standards at that time.
- Why do I remember this: The character of Majhli is my favorite. The best social drama depicting the life and times of middle-class of the eighties.
13 Karamchand (1985 - 1989)
- Lead: Pankaj Kapur, Sushmita Mukherjee
- Episodes: 72
- Directed by: Pankaj Parashar.
- Description: The much-loved series couldn't entertain the audience much when it came up with a sequence in 2007 which was aired on Sony. Of course, original is indeed original.
- Why do I remember this: The ever famous munching of the carrot, his funny assistant, and the dialogue 'Shut up Kitty'.
14 Mr. Yogi (1988)
- Lead: Mohan Gokhale, Pallavi Joshi, Om Puri
- Episodes: 12
- Directed by: Ketan Mehta
- Description: The show which had an NRI American trying to search a well-cultured bride in India. He goes on to see 12 girls each belonging to a different Rashi. Funny yet thought-provoking. This was narrated by Om Puri in his unique style.
- Why do I remember this: I only recently watched this on YouTube and it was funny. This tries to shed light on the customs and practices that take place in Indian marriages. I can understand the impact it would have created at the time of its release.
15 Mahabharat (1988 - 1990)
- Lead: Gajendra Chouhan, Nitish Bharadwaj, Mukesh Khanna
- Episodes: 94
- Directed by: Ravi Chopra
- Description: The story of the biggest war according to Hindi scriptures was shown in much detail. Many actors went on to make a successful career after this.
- Why do I remember this: The song at the start is awesome by the vocals of Mahendra Kapoor. The grandeur, though, might not excite when compared to today's special effects. Nevertheless, this made audiences hooked onto their seats every Sunday morning. This taught so much to the audience about Indian mythology.
16 Mungerilal Ke Haseen Sapne (1989 - 1990)
- Lead: Raghubir Yadav
- Episodes: 52
- Directed by: Prakash Jha
- Description: Raghubir Yadav, a common man who gets to hear bad from every other person. But Mungerilal has a viable way to get around this - by daydreaming.
- Why do I remember this: This has given many people a new phrase to scold daydreamers. Often times, as Mungerilal Uth, Sapne Se bahar aa (Mungerilal, wake up from your dreams)
17 Mowgli - The Jungle Book (1989 - 1990)
- Lead: Of course Mowgli!
- Episodes: 52
- Directed by: Fumio Kurokawa
- Description: The fascinating story of Mowgli and Sharekhan. The best part of this was the continuing script, unlike other animated series.
- Why do I remember this: As I was writing this my mom reminds me 'You used to be mad about Mowgli'. And tell me who hasn't recited the famous lines: 'Jungle Jungle Baat Chali Hai Pata Chala Hai...Chaddi Pahenge Phool Khila Hai Phool Khila Hai'. The title song is composed by Vishal Bharadwaj, lyrics by Gulzar and the singer is Amol Sahdev (Photo Link)
18 Malgudi Days (1986)
- Lead: Shankar Nag, Manjunath, and many others.
- Episodes: 54
- Directed by: Shankar Nag
- Description: This is based on the book by R.K. Narayan which he wrote in a long span of 20 years.
- Why do I remember this: Do you remember Swami and Friends? My views on Malgudi days is that it is the greatest T.V series ever in India. Goosebumps on watching this.
A truly great story and is a must for every human being.— TheGuardian.com on Malgudi Days
Awesome Is the Word
Malgudi Days - Episode 1 - Swamy And Friends
19 Nukkad (1986 - 1987)
- Lead: Dilip Dhawan, Avtar Gill, Sameer Khakar
- Episodes: 100
- Directed by: Kundan Shah
- Description: This tried showing the story of a neighborhood which was more or less similar to every metro city.
- Why do I remember this: The mere mention of the name Nukkad brings forward the image of Guru (Dilip Dhawan), Kadar Bhai (Avtaar Gill), and Khopdi (Sameer Khakkar).
20 Potli Baba Ki Kahani (1991)
- Lead: Potli Baba
- Episodes: 20
- Directed by: Sanjit Ghosh
- Description: Fairy tales which had a relevant social message. Gulzar penned this series and is now also available as a book which will be fun to read for kids.
- Why do I remember this: The title song 'Aya Re Baba, Aya Aya'
21 Padosan (1995)
- Lead: Jatin Kanakia and his home furniture.
- Episodes: 99
- Directed by: Kapil Kapoor
- Description: The story of a large and extended family living close to each other. Then one fine day, a heroine comes as a neighbor, and the comedy ensues.
- Why do I remember this: A serial which is etched in my mind because of Jatin Kanakia's unusual conversation with furniture around his home. Whenever I see Jatin Kanakia it brings a smile on my face.
22 Ramayan (1987 - 1988)
- Lead: Arun Govil
- Episodes: 78
- Directed by: Ramanand Sagar
- Description: Bow your head down to take blessings of Lord Ram. The best way to watch this is to get the complete DVD set as videos are not uploaded on YouTube or any other site.
- Why do I remember this: Without this, how would many people like me ever know the story of Lord Ram, I wonder.
Ramayan is the world's most viewed mythological serial: Limca Book of Records
23 Raja Aur Rancho (1997 - 1998)
- Lead: Ved Thapar and Rancho
- Episodes: 103
- Directed by: Murli Nalappa
- Description: Another crime detection series where a monkey played the role of an assistant.
- Why do I remember this: This was also fun to watch. Rancho amazed all of us, isn't it? The good news is that all the episodes have been uploaded by Ultra Hindi on Youtube.
- Lead: Krishan Kant, Savita Bhatia, Mita Vashisht
- Episodes: Unknown
- Directed by: Ashok Talwar
- Description: India's first ever sci-fi series.
- Why do I remember this: Yes, it was the first of its kind. As well, Savita looks so cute. Where is she now, no one knows.
25 Shri Krishna (1996)
- Lead: Swapnil Joshi
- Episodes: 221
- Directed by: Ramanand Sagar
- Description: Hugely popular mythological serial on Lord Krishna.
- Why do I remember this: Another series which was impressive and informative.
26 Shrimaan Shrimati (1994)
- Lead: Jatin Kanakia, Reema Lagoo, Archana Puran Singh, Rakesh Bedi
- Episodes: 143
- Directed by: Rajan Waghmare
- Description: A small-time heroine comes to stay as a neighbor much like the serial Padosan. Both Shrimaan Shrimati and Padosan are products of Balaji Telefilms.
- Why do I remember this: My favorite comedy show of all time. I have watched all the episodes and I recommend you should as well in your dinner time. Jatin Kanakia was a gem...R.I.P.
27 Shaktimaan (1997 - 2005)
- Lead: Mukesh Khanna
- Episodes: 520
- Directed by: Dinkar Jani
- Description: The superhero that so man children liked. Shaktimaan started when other T.V channels had forayed in the Indian Market.
- Why I remember this: You might not like but I didn't have much fun watching it. May be because I had grown-up by the time this happened, and it seemed childish to me.
28 Surabhi (1990 - 2001)
- Lead: Siddharth Kak, Renuka Shahane
- Episodes: 415
- Directed by: Abhilash Bhattacharya
- Description: This became a popular cultural show with a positive impact on society. Has the prized distinction of being the longest-running cultural show as well featured its name in Limca Book of Records for getting more than 10 lakh letters in a single week.
- Why I remember this: This was in the news when they entered Limca Book of Records.
- Lead: Mandira Bedi
- Episodes: Unknown
- Directed by: Adi Pocha
- Description: Mandira Bedi made her debut in the industry with this dark reality-based serial. She plays the character of Shanti the lead actor who aspires to be a journalist. And boy see the stark differences of her looks now. She definitely looks much bolder and I must say she carries it incredibly well.
- Why I remember this: All because of Mandira Bedi. She went on to do many more serials and movies after Shanti. The transformation she had after the 2003 Cricket World Cup is impressive.
30 Tu Tu Main Main (1996)
- Lead: Reema Lagoo, Supriya Pilgaonkar, Mahesh Thakur
- Episodes: 169
- Directed by: Sachin Pilgaonkar
- Description: Pun on Saas-Bahu relationship.
- Why I remember this: The unique way of telling 'Action' before the start of the episode is one thing I recall which was quite distinctive. The camaraderie and sweet little arguments between the lead actors were awesome. Reema Lagoo and Supriya Pilgaonkar have some great fun irritating each other. Where is all the love lost between the Saas-Bahu? (I'm talking about the recent shows)
31 Tenali Rama (1990)
- Lead: Vijay Kashyap, Anant Desai, Sandhya Sudhakar
- Episodes: 12
- Directed by: T.S. Nagabharana
- Description: The on-screen adaptation of Tenali Raman stories.
- Why I remember this: I had read the book as well so watching this was good.
- Lead: Kavita Chaudhary, Shekhar Kapur, Vikram Gokhale
- Episodes: 30
- Directed by: Kavita Chaudhary
- Description: The story of a woman who beats all odds and hardships to become an IPS officer. So insightful, apt, and still relevant today.
- Why do I remember this: The strong-willed character portrayed by Kavita Chaudhary.
33 Vikram Betal (1985)
- Lead:Arun Gohil, Sajjan
- Episodes: 26
- Directed by: Prem Sagar
- Description: Brought to life stories that were written nearly 2500 years ago. The story of King Vikramaditya and Vetal. Each story was narrated by Beetal to the king which ended with a question that the king answered correctly.
- Why do I remember this: There are internet memes still being created on this one.
34 Wagle Ki Duniya (1988 - 1990)
- Lead: Anjan Srivastav
- Episodes: 104
- Directed by: Kundan Shah
- Description: Anjan Srivastav's most remembered series of all time. An adaptation of R.K Laxman's famous cartoon series Common Man.
- Why do I remember this: A script showing struggles of a common man.
35 Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi (1984)
- Lead: Shafi Inamdar, Swaroop Sampath, Rakesh Bedi, Satish Shah
- Episodes: 67
- Directed by: Kundan Shah
- Description: This is a complete family entertainer.
- Why do I remember this: Comedy is my preferred genre, so how can I miss mentioning this mild slap-stick kind?
Did You Know?
Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi is the first Indian comedy serial.
36 Zabaan Sambhalke (1993 - 1994)
- Lead: Pankaj Kapur
- Episodes: 106
- Directed by: Rajiv Mehra
- Description: The story of Mohan Bharti who is booted from his job as an engineer. To make ends meet he teaches how to speak Hindi at a local institute. However, he gets frustrated by his students who don't even follow simple lessons.
- Why I remember this: Even the second season was great as it largely had the same cast and crew.
37 Zu Mountain Saga - Aired on Home TV (1997 - 1998)
- Lead: Ekin Cheng, Adia Chan
- Episodes: 40
- Directed by: Unknown
- Description: Originally made in the Chinese was dubbed in Hindi for the Indian audience. This was a mix of sci-fi, magic, and a love story.
- Why I remember this: The was one of my most loved shows while growing up. I'm sure you too are a fan of Rocky, Yinglam and do remember Aadamkhor, Kala Jadudar, Shaitaini Haath. Unfortunately, the CD/DVD is not released.
More Serials That You Will Like
Air Hostess - Kitu Gidwani
Phir Wahi Talash - Poonam Sarin
Captain Vyom - Milind Soman, Tom Alter
Chunauti - Suchitra Krishnamurthy
Indradhanush - Urmila Matondkar, Karan Johar
Jai Hanuman - Raj Premi
Kahan Gaye Woh Log - Dheeraj Kumar
Katha Sagar - Sharmila Tagore, Shammi Kapoor, Om Puri, Utpal Dutt
Luv Kush - Arun Govil, Swapnil Joshi
Mirza Ghalib - Naseerudin Shah
Farmaan - Kawaljit Singh
Neem Ka Ped - Pankaj Kapoor
Rajani - Priya Tendulkar
Subah - Salim Ghouse
Swabhimaan - Kitu Gidwani
Talaash - Alok Nath, Moushumi Chatterjee
Tamas - Om Puri, Amrish Puri
Tehkikaat - Vijay Anand
The Stone Boy
The Sword of Tipu Sultan - Sanjay Khan
Phatichar - Pankaj Kapur
Alice in wonderland
Kacchi Dhoop - Bhagyashree
Chip n Dale : Rescue Rangers
He-man and the Masters of Universe
Daane Anar Ke - Neena Gupta
Idhar Udhar - Ravi Baswani, Rachana Pathak, Supriya Pathak
Bible Ki Kahaniya
Aur Bhi Gham Hain Zamane Mein
The Great Maratha - Irrfan Khan
Kashish - Sudesh Berry, Malvika Tiwari
Om Namah Shivay
Sea hawks - Anup Soni
Katha Sagar - Sharmila Tagore, Shammi Kapoor
Kile Ka Rahasya
Ajnabi - Danny Denzongpa, Annu Kapoor
Junoon - Mangal Dhillon, Archana Puran Singh, Kitu Gidwani
Earth Matters - Host Mike Pandey (Educational Program)
Doosra Keval - Shah Rukh Khan
Yeh Duniya Ghazab Ki - Rakesh Bedi
Gul Gulshan Gulfaam - Parikshit Sahni, Kunal Khemu
Kakaji Kahin - Om Puri
Banegi Apni Baat - Madhavan
Shrikant - Farooq Sheikh
Yug - Javed Khan, Sudesh Berry
Param Vir Chakra - Puneet Iswar, Kanwaljit Singh
Suraag - The Clue
Phool Khile Hain Gulshan Gulshan - First Indian Talkshow
Chunauti - Suchitra Krishnamoorti, Ali Asgar
Intezaar - Rajendra Gupta
Reporter - Shekhar Suman
Phoolwanti - Archana Joglekar
Thank You Doordarshan
© 2014 Kannan Reddy
25 Best Movie Acting Debuts
Top 90 Hindi Movies of the 1990s
Best 80s Crime Drama TV Series
14 Captivating TV Shows Like 'Game of Thrones' That’ll Hook You Instantly
15 Best Chinese Dramas You Should Watch
20 TV Shows Like Game of Thrones You Should Watch
There are few other serials like Palash ke phool directed by Asha Parekh ji, Dane Anar ke, one serial was airing in the morning named Jahan Chah Wahan Rah, some times they showed movies on Thursday evening under which they showed Quaidi no. 911, Memsaab (Vinod Khanna), and in 1992-93 Tuesday noon movie time where Golmal, Rafoochakkar, Yeh gulistan hamara was telecasted. Renuka Israni's serial 'Kashmkash' in 87-88, Deepa Lagu's serial Hum Panchi ek daal ke, Mehmood's serial Savera, Awesome beauties of those time were, Radha seth, Malvika Tiwari, Seema Kelkar, etc. Girija Shankar and archana joglekar in Kissa Shanti Ka. Punam Rehani and Nilima khattar in Phir Wohi Talash, Lekhoo, Stone boy..So many memories
There werw very good old ia gold serials which we would like ro see agaun
Ek serial tha aarti on delhi doordarshan want to see
Ek serial tha with title track Ye jinadagi ek farz hae karna ada har karz hae..bhaisaab ye konsa serial tha?pls some one could help
Tarang(kids), Aarohan, Suno kahani, Sukanya,Karamati, jaane bhi do paro, Mewalal etc some of my favorites of that time. But now I cant even remember the names of the soap operas going in my house.And don't bother either .
@Vishnu, the serial's name is lekin woh sach tha
Mitti ke Rang i remember its about bunch of kids surviving near Car Garage.. and the story revolving around the events of their daily life.
Anyone khow about the serial of one small girl who lives in iglu n her family so poor they survive for one time meal even. Barfili jagah par rehte the aur gale me sagadi lagate the. jyada kuch yaad nahi bas itna hi. pls kisiko yaad hai to serial ka naam batana plssssd
Please help me identify this serial
Benjamin Gilani is lost in a village full of blind people who after sometime want to make him as one of their own by making him also blind.....
Aired around 1988 or 1989
I have a few memories of a scene in which in a mountain background from Himachal or Utrakhand a young Shepard boy/man plays flute and lord Shiva comes in disguise and become friends with the young boy/man, and something magical and mysterious things happens. That's what I could recall. If someone knows which was the serial and if someone has a link of it? edit
I am trying to locate a doordarshan Malayalam teleserial tdo you know where I can locate a copy?hat was aired in the late 90s by M T vasudevsn called naalukettu
In which Which serial is it that mahesh takur fell for a widowed woman with a daughter?
Do you remember other series of home TV? Blood stained intrigue ( red and blue swords) and other 6 chinese series Hindi dubbed.
Does anyone knows the serial name which had title song.... Door se aya hai kushiya Woh laya hai.. Mera dost.. Mera dost.. Please do let me know.
What about 'Ek, Do, Teen, Char' which was another hit serial in 1987, Spider-man 1987, Panchatantra 1990, & Chhayageet.
Sir please arrange a cartoon show tarang in which a show named TARRRAM TOO ..
Please sir i searched it on YouTube but there is not any video of this cartoon show ..
Please sir ..
Noone mentioned 'Tumhare liye' or 'Rath chakra'.
Anybody remembers Mitti ke Rang, Talespin, Disney cartoons
Can anybody has the info on title song of Chhatrapati shivarai serial which came around 2001-2002 time.very inspirational n motivating song.used to get goosebumps listening to it
Serial name of gul is Gul Gulshan Gulfam
Can anyone tell me the title of a serial in which a rich family boy used to play with some tapori kind of boys and they all used to look very dirty types but with golden heart.
Dear it was serial DD - the female - kalpani joshi or Trivedi as hostel warden. the title song was so nice can you tell which was that serial
Why is it that doordarshan doesn't makes these programmes available ? What good it serves to let them rot in archives? Strange !
Can anybody tell me where can i watch full episodes of wagle ki duniya
Can you tell me the name of the serial that is broadcasted in DD (i forgot if its National or Metro) that is a thriller/horror series and I particularly remember one episode of it that goes as follows:
A man and his wife goes to a curio shop with their daughter and buys a particular statuette (a demonic head) much to their daughters dismay. The daughter screamed and cried when she looked at the statuette but her parents dismissed her fears on grounds that she is young and just probably afraid to see such a horrid figurine. But after the couple brings the head to their house things starts to go sour. The man who is a surgeon by profession, kills a patient in a very simple surgery. We get to see that in the course of the operation, when the surgeon sees his patient's blood something forces him to commit serious mistakes that costs the life of his patient. At this time, the camera pans to the demonic head inside the house and it is shown that the facial expression of the demonic head changes to reveal a demonic smile..
After this we had a power cut off and were not able to watch the rest of the episode.
I would love to watch the rest of this intriguing episode..
Hi vishnu i too searching that serial eagerly with the department name was Asw and the male guy name was Aditya. It was showing on Saturday after or before captain vyom.
Hey there was another serial called Farz, starring Ashutosh Rana & Prashant Narayanan. It's not in this list.
There was a serial on which people used to bust man made super natural things. I only remember that they where from the department called 'ASW' the guy's name was Anuradha and the female lead's role was Swetha, Anyone remembers this
Accept all my Thanks for a wonderful revisit in a glorious era .
Here is a link for watching the Trishna movie for Padmaja.
Can anybody tell me where can I watch trishna
There used to be a reality show in late 80s/early 90s on Doordarshan having a unique concept. Participants from throughout India would sing songs that is NOT in their MotherTongue, can't remember if it was a contest.it was inside a studio with some audiences.
The concept was like this - if ur mother tongue is Odia, you would be eligible to sing any nonOdia song in Indian language. something like this. Weekly show, ran for a good number of weeks.
I am in search of a serial in which for some reason many letters were left unposted and after many years those letters were posted to their destinations.
The serial you are asking about was 'Afsane'. The title song went like this- 'Afsane.. Yeh kisse, yeh fasane..'
'Any one tell me a serial name started gul I m not remembered please help title song I remembered tune but not lyrics base on kashmir'
It was 'Gul Gulshan Gulfam' The song was - 'Muskurati Subah ki aur gungunati Shaam ki, yeh Kahani Gul ki hai, Gulshan ki hai, gulfaam ki..'
Those Bengali books converted to Hindi dramas. I m searching for that particular serial a widow n a student .. Synonym with untouchable s something like that any leads
I don't know that serial name but it was broadcast on Sunday morning a man with white
there was a cartoon serial named baba papa.is that true?
You're welcome Kannan. This also could be of some use:
There was a serial named tumhare liye in afternoon? Can you please add it to your 110 list
Hey kannan, haven't you checked 'dd archives' on youtube?!
Not a week passes by in missing dd days..best days of my life..want to go back in time..so nostalgic...
I satisfy myself by watching doordarshan every sunday..still dd national and bharati do have shows that remind u of old days..
World of sports, didi's comedy show, adventures of sherlock holmes, mind your language, diff'rent strokes, street hawk, tandoori nights, regional language film at 130 pm sunday, saturday evening hindi movie, the world this week, badla,
Where can I watch Trisha serial? have searched a lot can't find it
i love like all doordarshan old all serial i want see looking again watching and i request again start all serial come backwith daily dd national doorshan
Kannan Reddy can you plz tell me the name of movie or serial with dog and bear telecast in DD in year 1988 to 1992 i not sure abt the year if you can help .....i will be thank full...
i saw a animal movies in 1989-1992 .One movie with bear and dog but i forgot the name of the movie
There was quite a popular TV serial 'Neev'. I remember it's title song 'Dharti par sooraj ki kirne, rakhe neev ujaale ki..'. Also, Ajnabi (Danny Denzongpa). I remember their title music even today.
I don't know whether it is a telefilm or serial, also don't know it's name. But story is about a school boy who study in very prominent school on scholarship, since he was very bright in his study other guy jealous.but he love a girl one sided love. Pleas name this .
Show dd nationals serial sunday afternoon ghost and one boy was friend i was not remember serial name plese found name thise serial
I wonder what was the name of the youth drama about drugs & intoxication.. It was such well made drama but unfortunately went off air after a few episodes because a lot of parents felt it may have bad influence on the younger generation though it was meant to help the other way round. Unfortunately I don’t remember the star cast or the title song. It was all over in the newspapers back then. Does anyone remember the title ?
Any one tell me a serial name started gul I m not remembered please help title song I remembered tune but not lyrics base on kashmir
I am searching cartoon show for my daughter I.e Tara ki Duniya but I got only title song there no any episodes on internet
@Yagyavir:- The Japanese drama is titled Oshin (It’s time for a good cry)
It was a very popular drama in 68 countries across the world.
I remember one serial on Small Japanese Girl. Do not remember the name of the serial.
Please do a revisit on English serials like small wonder, lost in space, night riders etc. which were on Doordarshan in the nineties. Can't remember all but I want to watch them again, this time, with clarity.
I am in search of a serial in which for some reason many letters were left unposted and after many years those letters were posted to their destinations.
Very glad to recollect all these wonderful serials through your post here. I used to watch many of those serials with much interest and a great liking. But, I never heard about that Shahrukh Khan's Circus serial. All other serials up to 40 have been mostly watched by me. You omitted one more interesting serial for physical fitness. The Serial named 'Dus Kadam'. It was also very great.
I would like to watch all these wonderful serials once again.
Presently, I am watching 'Nanhi si kali meri ladli' and 'Purva Ek Nayi Soch'.
i remember a comedy short film of 80s on Akbar where he used to smell a rose. cant remember the name. he used to say 'khushamaddid'.
I vaguely remember two programs , one is a talk show at early morning around 7 am. The name might resemble 'good morning india' , please tell me , if its the correct name.
Also another serial afternoon, which had a title song of Jagjit Singh. Its not 'Neem Ka Ped'. Its another serial.
Could somebody help me find its names, please.
Good job. is dvd for Trishna serial available or any link for the same.
Do you know the serial name which used to come on sunday (i guess 12.30 pm),. it was drama serial, regarding 2 Muslims girls go to college, one poor guy from village also come to city for study, and somehow he lives in one girl's house as a pain guest. And i guess one of girl's father is Lawyer. I will appreciate if you let me know the name of that serial.
There was another good serial, of course based on a classic novel, Mujrim Hazir. However neither the links are available anywhere, nor the DVD (which obviously preferred). Doesn't DoorDarshan market these, these could be good source of income for them !